Re: Tracking down a voltage dependent chip

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Sep 21 2013 - 18:41:45 EDT

Bipolar (TTL (7400 series) and ECL and the old frame buffer RAM) speeds up
as it gets warmer. MOS (large RAM/ROM/EPROM) slows as it warms.

Everything gets faster with increased voltage.

So you can lower voltage until it starts acting up then either warm bipolar
or cool MOS a bit and note the effect.

Also, ECL was used in early Nintendo and it ran from a separate -5.1 (?)
supply, make sure to check that. It doesn't sound like an ECL problem,
though.