Re: Where to start on Missile Command PCB repair

From: Grant Thienemann <grant.thienemann_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Nov 01 2013 - 11:50:12 EDT

Ok I've dived head first into researching 74XX series ICs, and here is what
I've figured out those far.

1st. 74XX can be replaced with 74LSXX because they are both the same speed,
10ns, the 74LSXX just draws less power
2nd. 74SXX MIGHT be able to be replaced with 74FXX series. 74SXX series is
a 3ns delay while 74FXX is a 3.4ns delay, still trying to figure out if
that is ok or not . .
3rd. 74HXX doesn't really have a good replacement because the delay is 6ns,
the closest thing I've found is 74ALSXX but its 4ns vs 6ns.

I'm just trying to figure out what I should order as a massive parts list
for all the various boards I need to replace, which includes Missile
Command, Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe, Berzerk and Frenzy.

Thanks
Grant