Re: Where to start on Missile Command PCB repair

From: Grant Thienemann <grant.thienemann_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Nov 04 2013 - 15:11:10 EST

UPDATE

So I have a stack of these PCBs to fix, this first Missile Command PCB I
was fixing was out of my upright. Turns out these were issues:

1st. 6502 and not 6502A
2nd. 2 bad EPROMs
3rd. Bad sockets for Pokey, 6502 and EPROMs
4th. 3 of the 8 4116 ram chips where bad
5th. Installed new ram backwards <- yup

I installed sockets for the new ram so that helped significantly with
changing them out. I have the voltage set right at 5.02 volts, though I
would like to get the negative voltage down below -5.2 volts, not sure how
to go about fixing that on the ARII pcb.

The game now works fine. I got lucky on this one honestly. For my second
PCB I went ahead a put new sockets on the PCB for the ROMs, 6502A, Ram and
Pokey. I installed new 4116 ram last night as well, just didn't get around
to testing it, I will try the PCB out this evening.

I'll keep ya'll updated! Thank you so much everyone for you help!

-Grant