Re: What is this?

From: Kev <KKlopp_at_EROLS.COM>
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 14:38:58 EST

KKlopp@EROLS.COM
> writes:
>
> << might be getting into Galaxian board repairs >>
>
> I have found that besides those cruddy, corroded EPROMs, the RAM is the
most
> prone to die. About 1/2 of the time, you'll get a RAM error, but I have
fixed
> boards that were dead by replacing the RAM. Also, the 74ls245s seem to
die
> as well. Good luck.

Thanks,

Which RAMs? 2114s, 2101s, or 74S10?

If I have time I may also work up a Galaxian repair page. At the moment I'm
working on Galaga (send me your tips if you have some ~ it isn't a public
page yet but if you want to look at some ruff work
http://www.erols.com/mowerman/Galaga/Galagafix.htm )

Might as well work on the Galaxians too.

Anyone fluent in Visual Basic Programming? I've got an idea to build a
program that would have a chip data base, then be game specific & also have
a signal database & signature database as well as selected scope shots where
needed. The idea is to have a computer program to relate
signals/signatures/scope shots and see if it is helpful when working on a
board.

Kev