RE: Fluke 9100s - Who has what?

From: Jon Raiford <raiford_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 14:08:53 EDT

At 08:52 AM 5/8/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>I believe RomIdent uses a much longer string (16 digits?) to identify images than the four digits that checksum generators build.

Thats true. I'm pretty sure thats why MAME switched to the CRC32.. To make the checksum more unique and better at identifying ROMS. Ok, I give in.. It would be nicer for the fluke to use those :) Although I don't have one, so I'm not too worried about it.

Jon

Btw, was that the same Chris Hardy who first emulated R-Type? (Juno First emulator, if I'm not mistaken) :)

 To UNSUBSCRIBE from techtoolslist, send a message with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
 message body to: techtoolslist-request@flippers.com. Please direct other
 questions, comments, or problems to jrr@flippers.com.