Re: Fluke 9010a + z80 pod questions

From: Werner Sharp <sharpw_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 11:52:32 EDT

<x-flowed>
Hi John,

Thanks for the info. I disabled everything in the setup program but still
no luck. I also tried to get the pod to test itself by using an extra
socket with pin 29 cut off and that didn't work either. I have the feeling
something is defective with the pod itself.

Has anyone done an EPROM dump for the pod's EPROM? I could start by
replacing that and the other socketed chips.

-Werner

At 08:40 AM 9/6/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Pod time out usually means you are either not getting the clock or a poor
>connection to the CPU socket. "Forcing Lines" etc refers to control lines
>like RESET, HALT, etc, and these need to be either floating or disabled by
>setting control lines to NO, to disable them you go into SETUP, and press
>MORE to cycle through them, then press NO to disable the ones you want the
>pod to ignore. I then scroll past (MORE) and then press STOP and go back
>to the tests. Works for me...
>
>John :-#)#
>
>At 07:02 AM 9/06/01, you wrote:
>
>>I'm trying out my 9010 and z80 pod for the first time and having some
>>troubles. The main unit and pod pass self test fine but don't work when
>>I plug the pod into a z80 socket on a game board. I'm getting a "POD
>>TIMEOUT - ATTEMPTING RESET" error when attempting any tests. I'm trying
>>to troubleshoot the pod itself and the z80 pod manual says to "disable
>>all forcing line and interrupt inputs and set all forcing line and
>>interrupt traps to NO during Setup Editing". I can change the setup
>>options fine but I don't see anything in the manuals about disabling
>>forcing line and interrupt inputs. Does anyone know what that
>>means? Any other advice about getting this going?
>>
>>Thanks for your help.
>>
>>-Werner
>>

>>To UNSUBSCRIBE from techtoolslist, send a message with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
>>message body to: techtoolslist-request@flippers.com. Please direct other
>>questions, comments, or problems to jrr@flippers.com.

</x-flowed>