HP logic comparator

From: Werner Sharp <sharpw_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 09:14:46 EDT

<x-flowed>
Hi all,

I just got one of these a few weeks ago and it's a really cool tool. You
clip it on suspect TTL chip and put a reference TTL chip inside the housing
and it will show you any difference in the logic states between the two
chips.

I have one question though for anyone who might use one of these. The
manual implies that you can use it on 14-pin DIPs as well as 16-pin
DIPs. It works fine on 16-pin ones but I can't get it to work on 14-pin
ones. Is there something I'm missing or not doing correctly? Do I need
to jumper a ground connection for the last two pins hanging off?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Werner Sharp
sharpw@bellsouth.net

 To UNSUBSCRIBE from techtoolslist, send a message with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
 message body to: techtoolslist-request@flippers.com. Please direct other
 questions, comments, or problems to jrr@flippers.com.

</x-flowed>