Re: Fluke 9010A...

From: Fredric L. Rice <frice_at_skeptictank.org>
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 08:36:13 EST

At 01:03 AM 11/01/2002 -0600, you wrote:

>The Fluke cannot be used as an EPROM emulator. The
>pods have no ram (to speak of), and execute
>code out of the target board's program store. You
>could make a pod which served that function, but
>why bother when there are so many already out there.

It's an interesting topic, though, and I'm curious
what exactly the need is. The Fluke can store a
fraction of someone's EPROM code and it can even
be used as an in-board EEPROM/FLASH EPROM programmer,
flashing boot code into boot sectors or application
sectors if someone wants.

But I missed the original thread, alas. }:-} What
exactly is the desired application? I can't think
of any way to make it emulate a UUT's EPROM unless
it's Z80 code that doesn't access I/O devices.

---
Mr. Rice may leak or explode if recharged or inserted improperly.
 To UNSUBSCRIBE from techtoolslist, send a message with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
 message body to: techtoolslist-request@flippers.com. Please direct other
 questions, comments, or problems to jrr@flippers.com.