Re: Fluke Frequency Program pt2

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 23:51:55 EST

<x-flowed>
Hey, Kev,

Just hanging around the house today as it is raining...

The DISPLAY statement could be a little tighter, you can actually have
something like this I think:
DPY-FREQUENCY $0 $F

Would that work? I need to poke around a bit to find the FREQUENCY
instructions...

On the other hand:

I can't get the f9010 software to work with my 9010A either, but rksic.exe
works OK for sending to the 9010A, but I have a problem reading out so I
have been working with rksic.exe and porting in the service procedures for
the 9010 when performed on another unit (mine seems to have RS-232 issues)
so I've been happily typing in the routines as shown in the 9010A Service
Manual. So far I have the RS-232 in and have made a menu to call up the
other routines (check Signature, Probe, PIA and others...) if anyone cares
to type in a couple to help finish the project.

http://www3.telus.net/Pinball/Fluke and the file is 9010test.s (source) and
.h (hex). I have also uploaded just the RS-232 test RS232TST.S

Then when you have your sick 9010A and a healthy one (with a Z80-AA pod)
you can get into some serious troubleshooting.

John :-#)#

At 02:39 PM 10/02/2002 -0500, Kev wrote:
>Okay, I'm understanding a bit more.
>
>One trick is you must EXEC PROGRAM 2 not 1.
>
>Neither Register shows any life or more than a single Zero on display (is
>there additional formatting?)
>
>The toggle rate between registers is pretty slow unless I put the probe on
>something with some activity then the toggling between displaying REG0 and
>REGF speeds up.
>
>new listing....
>
>:code
>
>:setup active force off
>
>:setup active interrupt off
>:setup beep on
>
>/* *************************************************
> * This program turns the Fluke 9010A into a *
> * < 4Mhz FREQUENCY COUNTER *
>*/
>

>:equate frequency as 1
>:equate count.test as :next
>
>:program count.test
>
>label 3
>
> execute frequency
> DISPLAY HERE IS REG0 $0
> DISPLAY HERE IS REGF $F
>
>goto 3
>
> To UNSUBSCRIBE from techtoolslist, send a message with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
> message body to: techtoolslist-request@flippers.com. Please direct other
> questions, comments, or problems to jrr@flippers.com.

</x-flowed>