Re: Substituting IBM for 9010 base...

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 19:02:32 EST

<x-flowed>

In reading up on the pod interfacing with the base unit, it appears that
the only communication that happens between the two is the base asks the
pod for a read or it posts a write to the pod. Nothing else...If that is
the case, then an IBM compatible interface might be rather easy...at least
the hardware side...

John :-#)#

At 10:06 PM 11/02/2002 +0000, Mike Coates wrote:
>it's something I had considered, but without the z80 emulator bit.
>
>In theory, if the data exchange twixt fluke and pod is know, the entire main
>end can be replaced with a program at the PC end, and a printer port or USB
>interface. The data exchanges are strange, but should be possible to decode
>(error trapping is the pain!), but it is something I have as a low priority
>project.
>
>as for the probe - thats phase 2 (or 3), getting the normal operations going
>with extra options to easily read roms / and CRC algorithm you fancy, test
>an entire PCB and report all problems in single pass .... place your
>requests here!
>
>The project has been on hold waiting to borrow an otherwise useless pod to
>test the interfacing, I don;t want to put my z80 or 68000 pods at risk! (so
>something that works as a pod, but has no likely uses for repairing things
>nowadays, the test culprit was going to be a cda1820 (or something similar))

</x-flowed>