Re: Quick Test

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 16:54:44 EST

<x-flowed>

No, it is not simply loading a binary code onto the game board, you CALL
the Quick Test by using the code 3xxxxxxxx yy, where the "3" (or is it "2"
?) defines the QT call, and then you define if it is a QT RAM or QT ROM of
QT I/O (I think I/O). This is well covered in the 68000 manual.

The Galaga script in the Fluke Scripts archive has the command "include
Z80.POD", which has some setup code for the Z80QT pod (as far as I can
tell), but the script will NOT work with either the Z80 or the Z80A/A
(faster) pods. You have to change the script to do the correct RAM area on
Galaga. I will let mine out as it is still work-in-progress in the next few
days...

Note in the Galaga script the call for a ROM CHECKSUM (looks like it is
only 2 digits) as well as a more thorough RAM test if the QT RQM fails.
Nice script!

I mucked it around to handle Pac-Man, Ms and Clones with a simple menu

John :-#)#

At 01:26 PM 26/02/2002 -0500, Kev wrote:

>Thanks to John for posting those other Troubleshooters (you have all I
>have....), in the 1983 16 page one it discusses the Quick Tes (page 5).
>
>It sounds as if the quick RAM test is simply a loading of a RAM TEST program
>into ram space that is then run from there, rather than interaction between
>the Fluke & UUT?
>
>So does that mean the QT version is just a different ROM?
>
>Kev

</x-flowed>