RE: Replace the 9010A base with an IBM Parallel port?

From: Phillip Eaton <inbox_at_phillipeaton.com>
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 14:38:53 EST

Well I reckon the idea of replicating the 9010a base unit with a PC is cool.
If you reckon it'll pay for itself in reduced testing time then you have a
great excuse to have some fun doing it!

I have ideas to replace the whole lot with a home made computer running a
H64180 processor (supercharged 12MHz Z80), an LCD dot-matrix screen and a
multi-tasking Forth operating system, as I used to design and program them
for a living. That's what I call fun!

However, I've wanted to do that for about 4 years, since having a CatBOX to
play with for a year, so it's a long term project.

I hope you do do it, as it's my hobby as well and it's gives me something to
talk about to Mike Coates et al when we meet up :-)

Cheers,
Phillip Eaton