Re: Best desoldering tools?

From: Scott Brasington <arcade_at_brasington.org>
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 14:24:41 EST

We use Hakko at work - my day job (not my arcade job ;-)
Hakko 470 and 850. I sometimes bring in arcade boards
and use the 470 if I have a lot of desoldering to do.
Would love to own one. I think they are in the $500 range.
It is self contained, has a pistol style iron, heat the
solder, pull the trigger to suck it up. Seems to work
great for through-hole stuff. The 850 is used for Surface
mount, but I've not used it.

PS. I noticed that Netscape wants the reply to go directly
to you and not the alias. Has something changed, or is it
just another bug in netscape? Seems like normally there
is a reply-to header, but I don't see one in your request.