Re: Gottlieb / Q*bert scripts for the 9010A/9100

From: Alex Yeckley <ayeckley_at_elektronforge.com>
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 23:12:31 EDT

> Is this the Async clock module? (where you looking at the PDF from spies or
> do yo have a schematic?)

> 2 identical signatures for the 9010A? we've got a collection of a paultry
> few. I did run across one the otherday but I'm pretty confident it was a
> typo.

> Alex Yeckley are you reading?

If I understand the question, I'm being asked if I know of any duplicate checksums or sigs?
Yes I do - it was either Missile Command or Lunar Lander between different
code revs, I don't recall the details. My theory was that Atari wanted to mix
and match code revs of certain ROMs without altering the self-test (and hence
requiring owners to swap more ROMs than was absolutely necessary). I think they
probably just added a "catch-up" byte at the top of affected ROM to force the checksum/sig
to whatever value they wanted. Maybe it was Asteroids - I have it written down, but
not in any kind of format that I can search on. I haven't encountered any situations
where - for example - a Pac Man checksum/sig just happened to be the same as a
Sprint 2 checksum/sig.

Alex

----
http://www.elektronforge.com