Re: 9100 Keyboards (again...)

From: Kev <KKlopp_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 09:05:24 EDT

> The main controller is soldered onto the board. I'm not going to
> take a chance ruining it to make a copy.

I can understand that.

> I will remove the board and trace down what actual chip it is. The
> crystal does not appear to go to the same pins as a 8048.

I'm confident it is a Zilog controller.

I cann't find a datasheet on the 8614 but a replacement/upgrade

http://www.zilog.com/docs/pc/z86e23_ds.pdf

That is compatible has a security mode that prevents reading the onboard
ROM.

Otherwise it is configured to read as a standard 2764 EPROM.

Now if that is true of the 8614 & you had a 40 pin dip clip & a ROM download
program for your 9100......

Thanks,
Kev