9010A ROM Dump utility

From: Kev <KKlopp_at_erols.com>
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 10:01:38 EDT

 I uploaded a little utility to the FTP.

 I called it the Dumper.

 Basically it is the ROM dump program from the 9010A programmers manual plus
a ASCII text file to binary convertor utility provided by Zonn Moore (2
versions DOS 16 bit & Windows 32 bit).

 This can be used with the 9010A & a RS-232 module & a PC running a terminal
program (with the ability to save text files) to dump onboard roms & convert
them to binary ROM files.

First load the DUMPER.H into your 9010A. Then change your PC program to a
terminal program that can capture text (and save) from the 9010A RS-232
port.

Run the DUMPER script
<EXEC>
<YES>
<CONT>
<$xxxx> use the begining ROM address ex $0
<YES>
<$yyyy> use the ending ROM address ex $FFF
 <YES>

Now you will see an ASCII listing of the ROM contents dump out to your PC
terminal program.

When done (Executing light will stop flashing) you can save the captured
text file.

Now on your PC use either Hex2bin.exe (16 bit DOS) or Hex2bin32.exe (32 bit
Windows) utility from a DOS window, instructions are included

Basically type Hex2bin.exe <original text file> <target binary file to be
created> and the utility will produce a binary (ROM) file from the ASCII
text file the 9010A dumped for you.

This is something I had been needing (soldered in ROMS) & Zonn volunteered
to help with the conversion utility. (Thanks Zonn!) Hopefully those that
use it will donate the ROMs.

 Enjoy,
Kev