Re: Micro Concepts Boardwalker 101

From: Marc Alexander <marcwolf123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 21:43:33 EDT

Hi Corey,

I have one, I just recently got it dead, and it was a 10 minute
fix happily. If you ever have a problem where there is no powerup and the AC
power is not coming out of the IEC/Fuse/VSelect assembly at the rear, one of the
pins to the little PCB sandwich that is the voltage selector is only a right
angle solder connection to the rear PCB, and this one had cracked the solder
on that pin (the solder is the only mechanical strength in it, others are ok).

Anyway, all but one of the labels have fallen off the ROMS in my one,
it is base software V2.40, 02/26/87
and the Library ROM I cannot identify, but in the Library Menu it says V1.60

It looks like you can put another library ROM in one of the front sockets, and
then in the menus select to use that one instead...

Would you mind posting or emailing me your later version ROM images, and
locations for which ROM is which as my labels are off?
I was about to backup the ROMS in mine today, I'll zip it up and send it later.

I'd love to see the disassembly and any other info you have :)

Do you have manuals? I have nothing but the unit...

I have the Micro Sciences ICT-101 (Dallas, TX) also, an older unit, and to my surprise
it is obviously the same company that made the two, although the boards are
different, the appearance and layout are very similar.
I have the manuals and schematics for the ICT-101 but they're not nearly similar
enough in electronic design.

thanks,

Marc