Re: Fluke 9100 repository?

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 17:48:15 EDT

John :-#)#<br><br>
At 04:13 PM 31/05/2002 -0700, Paul Swan wrote:<br><br>
Being a fellow 9100 user,&nbsp; I'm interested in solving the signature<br>
problem too.<br><br>
I'm new to the TechTools list and I may be covering stuff you guys have<br>
been over before and be stating the blindingly obvious, but here goes...<br><br>
If the 9100 does in fact use a CRC algorithm, then there are only so<br>
many polynomials that are useful. As a start, trying out CRC-12, CRC-16<br>
and CRC-CCITT that are all 16-bit orientated polynomials might yeild a<br>
match with what the 9100 generates.<br><br>
As far as I know, the pods themselves do the signatures in the 9010<br>
configuration. Here, one would think a disassembly of the pod ROM would<br>
yield what we need or failing that a simple driver in MAME that runs the<br>
pod code would do the trick?<br><br>
Regards,<br><br>
Paul.<br><br>
Kev wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; &gt;Kev has raised a good point about the lack of 9100 orientated info around..<br>
&gt; &gt;plenty of 9010, but as any good 9100 owner would know, the rom signatures<br>
&gt; do<br>
&gt; &gt;differ..<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;I have a stack of sigs taken from a whole host of pcbs, all on some rather<br>
&gt; &gt;battle-worn notepads that i do need to type up and put in a<br>
&gt; &gt;printable/readable format...<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;I seem to remember John saying somethign about a fluke resource on his<br>
&gt; site,<br>
&gt; &gt;but the exact details escape me this minute..<br>