Re: Copying ROMS ?

From: Mike Davis <ipscone_at_msdsite.com>
Date: Sat Jun 22 2002 - 12:40:10 EDT

Nope! No manufacturers mark. Only the numbers given beow and a date
code like A27 119.

But like I said, I have two HX-20. One has the BASIC ROMs, the other
has 27C64 EPROMs. I just can't read the BASIC ROMs into my Data I/O
PROM Programmer. Not sure of family/pin code. I have tried all of
the 8K codes, with no luck.

I also tried swapping them (not sway :-) but there appears to be
something else at play here that I'm not familar with. When I pull
all of the BASIC ROMs, the system still runs BASIC (with no ROMs at
all). Only way I can see this is if there was some code pulled from
ROM and resident in the HX-20. Epson did this with the PX-8 but
there is no mention in the manual and I can't force a reload.

I'm asking some HX-20 experts but have not heard back yet.