Re: Copying Fluke 9100 floppies

From: Kev <KKlopp_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 22:39:36 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: John Robertson <jrr@flippers.com>
To: TechToolsList@flippers.com <TechToolsList@flippers.com>
Cc: Paul Swan <pswan@lsil.com>
Date: Thursday, September 05, 2002 8:57 PM
Subject: Re: Copying Fluke 9100 floppies

>The pod library discs are shipped with every 9100/9105, as well as two User
>Discs, and two System Discs. The machine is serialized AFAIK, and the disc
>identifies or sets that. It would be nice to find a non-serialized disc
set...

The machine writes back to the disc during install as I understand it. I
belive there is also a EEPROM that is set at this time.

The programmer option should have another set of disc.

>The 9100's "Getting Started A Guides For New Users" mentions "The
>multi-function interface uses the popular Small Computer Systems Interface
>(SCSI) standard. It provides high-speed access to hard disks, tape backup
>systems, and other mass storage devices." Then it says to connect a SCSI
>peripheral to the mainframe "Connect the device's cable to the 50-pin MFI
>connector located on the back of the mainframe (Figure 4)." Mind you it
>says nothing further on the subject...

I belive I've been told that you can not boot from an external drive

There is also an ethernet option for the 9100s

>Got to keep digging...

Yes!

Kev