Re: Convert your Z80 pod to Z80/AA

From: Paul Swan <pswan_at_lsil.com>
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 11:35:42 EDT

Hi John,

Hmm, I have a Z80/AA pod and a Z80 pod and have took them appart to see
what the difference is and there appeared to be no difference at all.

The Z80 pod was manufactured 1982 (by chip date code), the Z80/AA pod
was manufactured 1988 (again, from the chip date codes). That was it.
Z80B in both. Same logic families. Same EPROM. Same 1980 PCB.

I too expected that the AA was a faster version but I could find no
evidence that this was the case or any other difference from the none-AA
version at all.

Regards,

Paul.