Re: 9100 Keyboard codes

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sat Sep 28 2002 - 01:09:10 EDT

<x-flowed>
Great, now can some bright person design a simple serial code converter? I
envision something that plugs directly into the 5 pin DIN socket on the
9100 and then we plug a regular AT keyboard in. This would be a single chip
solution, serial in, 1200 baud with either passing through the standard
ASCII keys or translating the "Special function" keys to the Fluke codes.

There would need to be a RESET fake as well so the 9100 assumes the
keyboard is present.

Simple, but would it take a few hours to set up? Or does someone have
something like this sitting on a shelf? I know a Basic STAMP could handle
it easily but they are a bit expensive. I am hoping for a serial EEPROM
like device.

John :-#)#

</x-flowed>