Re: Re: Fluke pod ribbon cables .. strange

From: <steve_at_coule.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 05:43:09 EST

I did the same thing, buzzed through all the cables just fine! Like you say, the next step is a resistance check between pins but there are a lot of combinations! I also wonder if there may be a diode or something like that in there for protection purposes! Or perhaps they just link some pins together like Kev mentioned.

All in all, it's a right pain! The price of a new cable from fluke in the UK was around $150 when I checked! Fluke wouldn't release any diagrams when I asked about 6 months ago ... anyone got a friend at fluke?

I'll dig out my precision grinder and take a look inside the header. The lead is not salvageable so I'll see if I can find out what's going on inside!

Does that black potting compound stuff melt with heat?

Thanks for your help,

Steve