Re: Issues with the 9010A

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 18:05:21 EST

<x-html>
Oh, the perils of working when overtired....I looked at this fresh this
morning and found the problem was a short between A7 and (inverse)A9!
This would not show up as a BUSS fault...<br><br>
So when you get a floating Address line, look for shorts between it and
something else. My logic probe did not identify this as a short as
well....only when I had the probe Synched to Address or Data could I
identify the problem - so another argument for finding a probe for your
9010A!<br><br>
John :-#)#<br><br>
questions raised in email...<br><br>
I was tinkering around with a sick Bally MPU board today (a rewired -17
monster for Grand Products 301), and was trying to figure out why the
far as it was concerned. I though maybe the 6800 pod was defective and
pulled out another one, same result. A regular logic probe shows
</i>The 6810 RAM should have been available from 0000h to 007Fh, but it
was invisible. The 6810 is good, as is the socket and wiring...curious...
shall dig around more tomorrow when had more sleep and let you folks know
the results.<br><br>
A FAQ on the 9010A might be in order at some point...<br><br>
Suggestions?<br><br>
John :-#)#<br><br>
How to subscribe or unsubscribe from TTL<br><br>
To do either you send email to &quot;MajorDomo@flippers.com&quot; and in
the body you state either &quot;Subscribe techtoolslist&quot; or
&quot;Unsubscribe techtoolslist&quot;, note that the Subject is
&quot;&quot; (Blank)...<br><br>
FTP site is:

</x-html>