Bus failures

From: James S. Bright <james_at_quarterarcade.com>
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 23:44:17 EST

So... Keeping in mind that I'd had my 9010 for all of two weeks... I
have started to develop a decent sys80 program, and that is the board
set that I am focusing on for the moment. One particular board that I
had was showing a bus failure. Sometimes I would get bit 1 stuck,
sometimes bit 7. At first I could not figure out what was going on, so I
set it down for a few days. I went back to this board tonight and for
the heck of it, re-tested it with the ROMs removed. Luckily, that was
the problem.

However, there were some TTL chips that could have also been the
problem. In general, when you get a bus failure, what's your approach?
How to you try to narrow it down? I was trying to use my DMM to find a
short on some of the FF that are on this board. Any other tricks?

Just curious.

--James Bright
www.QuarterArcade.com
Restored Arcade Games for your Home