Re: 9100 keyboard...

From: Mark E Davidson <mark_at_basementarcade.com>
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 02:48:02 EST

<x-html>
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Just for shits and giggles... as anyone ever tried an Amiga keyboard?<br>
John Robertson wrote:<br>
 cite="mid5.2.0.9.2.20030327201335.044edc18@flippers.com"> Further to that...well
it seems the Y1700 is not wired the same as the Programmers Keyboard, it
does not match the +5 (that wire is actually cut short at the keyboard end)
and thus when I hooked up the +5 to the keyboard it did NOT do the EDIT mode
at all. Just seems to send junk, might not be the right baud rate or scan
codes at all. Rats. Back to the terminal I guess...<br>
 Next project is to try some of the spare SCSI drives I picked up to experiment
with on this system. It would be nice to figure out the SCSI upgrade some
day...our 20 meg drives will die sooner or later...<br>
 John :-#)#<br>
 At 07:44 PM 27/03/2003 -0800, John Robertson wrote:<br>

9100, I did manage to find a Fluke keyboard on Ebay - but it is not the Programmers
Keyboard. Instead it is a model Y1700. It has the correct 5 pin DIN plug
and it does allow the 9100 to trip into EDIT mode, however it has no affect
at all on the system - seems to not be the correct code or baud rate or whatever.
Oh, and it's crystal is a 2.0000 MHz.<br>
 Now it uses a 8748 (U3 V1.0 #718171) and I was hoping that someone here with
a Programmers Keyboard could open theirs up and see if they use the same
chip, and if so they could read it and send me a copy to play with.<br>
 I really don't have enough space to set up a terminal every time I want to
a technical challenge after all ;-)<br>
 John :-#)#<br>

</x-html>