Re: Chip clip adapter for 9000

From: Corey Stup <Corey_at_stup.net>
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 13:25:36 EST

<x-flowed>

James Bright wrote:

> Are the clip adapters for the 9000 series pods still around? If I
> remember correctly, Gottlieb soldered in the CPUs in the sys80 CPU
> boards. I'm going to start working on some in the next few weeks. Just
> wondering how hard they are to find and if people have used them with
> any success. I suppose I could desolder the CPU, but if it's working,
> I'd rather not.

Gottlieb did solder the 6502 to the board on most (all?) Sys80/80A/80B
boards. However, they did supply a jumper (directly below the CPU)
that, if disconnected, disconnects ground to the CPU. I then made an
"adaptor" board that allows me to plug the target cable of a 6502 pod
into a socket, which is connected to a 40pin dip clip on a cable.
Works great. All I have to do is disconnect that jumper, clip on the
dip clip and I have open access to the board via the pod.

</x-flowed>