Re: TI Data book wrong?

From: Dave Langley <robotron_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 09:01:23 EDT

<x-flowed>

At 05:37 pm 26 04 2003, you wrote:

>Just got the new Pocket data book from TI, nice book BUT is the dwg for
>74157 wrong (or am I reading it wrong?)
>
>Page 218 doesn't look right to me.

Nor to me!

I pulled out my TI Databook vol 1 (1985) and the diagram in that book is
the same as the 74158 (Page 220 of the new TI book) but the outputs 1Y to
4Y are not inverted for the '157. So that diagram is completely
wrong, but interestingly the truth table is correct. I guess the clue is
that the inputs and outputs from the diagram don't relate to the truth table!

I can scan the pages from my book if you like.

Dave Langley
www.robotron-2084.co.uk

</x-flowed>