Re: Reading PAL's with the security fuse blown.

From: Kurt Mahan <kmahan_at_xmission.com>
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 17:15:59 EDT

The trick I know about only works with non-registered pals. You would
read the whole truth table from it and then there were some programs
out there that would reduce the truth table back to a set of equations.

Now with registered pals you can't do that as easily since there is an
"internal state" that you have to take into account -- not just a
set of inputs and outputs.

Now of course there might also be some people out there that have figured
out how to work around the security fuse when you apply just the right
over/under voltage, etc.. (always popular in the smartcard cracking
community).

Kurt