Re: IC Tester [was: Memory tester]

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 21:01:44 EDT

<x-flowed>
Any idea if the test included RAM SPEED? That seems to be one criteria not
covered well in these type of testers. My Xeltek SuperPro will check a
number of RAM devices, but the test is not very fast so slow RAM could show
as good...but a slow 5101 won't run in a System 6 Williams MPU while it
will in an old Bally MPU...

John :-#)#

At 05:10 PM 07/07/2003 -0500, Tom McClintock wrote:

>On a similar note to the Ming IC tester, I have some software for the
>Fairy IC tester. The 'Fairy' was an add-on board for the Apple II which
>had a ZIF socket on it and could presumably test all sorts of early
>80's TTL and RAM?
>
>Since the files are 6502-based, perhaps someone can extract the
>appropriate data? Dunno. I'll upload them to John's ftp site.
>

>tm

</x-flowed>