Fluke pods and 6532's

From: Phil Morris <phil_at_morris0.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat Jul 12 2003 - 09:56:57 EDT

<x-flowed>

The 6532 in my Z80 pod recently failed. I know for certain that it's the
6532 as I swapped out the same IC from my 6502 pod into the Z80 pod and
*it* then worked just fine (likewise putting the suspect 6532 from the Z80
pod into the 6502 caused said pod to fail with a timeout error). I obtained
a replacement 6532 from a UK supplier (Dial electronics). This had the
exact same markings as the original 6532, ie it was marked as:

R6532AP
R6532-13

Trouble is, it didn't work.

So, thinking the original must have been faulty, I obtained another 6532
from Dial but marked as:

R6532P
R6532-11

but that didn't work either.

Now before I get hold of yet another replacement from Dial, I'm curious to
know whether these chips are particularly prone to failure. Of course we
don't know how Dial's stock may have been handled prior to them obtaining
it (I'll say here that I've never had a problem with them in the past - all
their supplied parts have been fine so this isn't a dig at them!).

Also, how crucial is the type of 6532? I mean, how does a 6532AP differ
from a 6532P for example?

Thanks,
Phil

</x-flowed>