Re: [techtoolslist] Fluke 6800 POD resets when testing UUT...

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 12:17:57 EDT

<x-flowed>
Well, duh...(sorry couldn't resist ;-). I use machined pin sockets or
double wipe in all our repairs...and Atari/Bally/Williams from that period
generally get new CPU sockets as a matter of course....BEFORE I try fixing
the board..sorry not to contribute to your nightmares.

Yeah, not one of the better designed MPUs - Williams blanking is nice, when
it works.

At least you have power - I suspect a lot of our friends are without.

John :-#)#

</x-flowed>