[techtoolslist] 9010A hardware problem

From: Martin White <martin_at_guddler.com>
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 18:39:25 EDT

Hmm, bit of a problem here, and I'm not sure what to do about it!

The LOW pulse key appears to have bust. It's been a bit iffy since I bought
the Fluke, and now it's completely stuck "on" or "in", whichever you
prefer...

So,

- Anyone have a known source for individual replacement keys?
- If not, anyone have a replacement keyboard to part out?
- In the meantime can I happily use the rest of the system with the low
pulse stuck on?
- If not, can I safely just wire a switch to the two pins on the back of the
key? (not desperately a great solution, but a solution I guess!)
- Anyway to actually get this key to release and thus fix it? (I can't see
one)

Note that this is one of the toggle keys, ie, it's meant to stay in or out,
but it's stuck completely at the moment :O(

Thanks for any help,
Martin.

Guddler's Arcade
http://www.guddler.co.uk