Re: Is a Protek 506 DMM any good?

From: Marc Alexander <marcwolf123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 20:11:37 EST

I've got one of these at work, and at home,
I've been really happy with them, it has a reasonably
fast response, and nice sub-readouts even when in
continuity beeper mode for example.
I sometimes need to press the power button twice
to turn it on if it has gone into auto-power off, but
that's all.
It has a bargraph also that isn't obvious in the picture.

I believe the higher end Fluke multimeters really are the
best but they come at a high price and these Protek ones
have been quite good for us.

Cheers,

Marc