SMT Rework stations...

From: John Robertson <JRR_at_flippers.com>
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 16:03:26 EST

Anyone have an opinion (we aren't very opinionated here, eh?) or know
where I might find a cheap hot air rework station? I have a couple of
older PACE vacuum desoldering systems (PC1000) but nothing for them
for the SMT stuff. Looking for lowish volume, but more than the
Chip-Qwik process can handle. That is just too slow...and I now have
a high priced tech that is nagging me to get a rework station.

I've seen a few on Ebay -
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=smt+rework

I am leaning to the 850's but not sure if they are any good.

John :-#)#
If you ever want to (un)subscribe yourself with TTL, you can send mail to:
<Majordomo@flippers.com>
with the following command in the body of your email message:
(un)subscribe techtoolslist
or from another email account, besides xxx@yyy.com:
(un)subscribe techtoolslist xxx@yyy.com