RE: Pac-Man / Amiga 1084s question

From: Bill Karkula <wkarkula_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 22:52:26 EST

Matt,

        I use a 1084s on my workbench. I made a JAMMA test box and used a pac to
jamma adapter I built and it works fine with all of the pac boards I've
connected to date. If you are going straight to the pacman board, just sub
the pac connections for the jamma ones listed below. The trick is to
connect the sync output to the horizontal sync input on the din connector of
the 1084s. It's been awhile since I set this up, but I think there is a
video mode switch on the monitor that you have to make sure is in the
correct position also.

1084s Monitor to JAMMA Connections:

Pick up a five or six pin DIN plug from Radio Shack that will fit the back
of the 1084s analog VGA socket on the monitor. You hook it up like this to
the JAMMA connector:

DIN Pin 1 (Green) to JAMMA N
DIN Pin 2 (HSync) to JAMMA P
DIN Pin 3 (GND) to JAMMA 14
DIN pin 4 (Red) to JAMMA 12
DIN pin 5 (Blue) to JAMMA 13

DIN pin 6 (VSYNC) is not used

Here is the diagram for the 1084s Analog VGA connector:

1084 & 1084S Monitor Analog Connector
6 PIN DIN FEMALE viewed at the monitor
     _______ Pin# Signal
    / 3 \ Pin 1 G Green