Re: Any Cliff Hanger experts?

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 22:12:04 EST

Typically the NTSC convertor stole +12VDC somewhere in the HV region
of the monitor, so I suspect your wire labeled B is actually B+. The
common (return) line was cheated by using the video common.

I have some NTSC schematics - I think I too have a hand drawn one for
the WG convertor, but I seem to recall that it is the same as the
Electrohome one.

John :-#)#

>Yes, I'm a laser guy. Purely for my collection. I've got a few neat
>laser games ... besides my son likes them.
>
>I'm having an issue with getting my Cliff Hanger finished.

>The card that came with the game has two problems. One, wires were cut
>so I'm not 100% sure what goes where. The best schema I have is hand
>written and has a wire that I'm not sure about (just labeled "B" and was
>hard wired to a Sanyo? Monitor for blanking...). Two, I don't even know
>if it is working. Aside from the "B" line, I hooked it up how I thought
>it would work but I didn't get anything. I'm going to play around with
>it a little more but I would think that any old NTSC should work. It
>looks like the output signal is just not strong enough to drive the VMB
>and so it looks very bad
>
>--James Bright
>www.QuarterArcade.com
>Restored Arcade Games for your Home

If you ever want to (un)subscribe yourself with TTL, you can send mail to:
<Majordomo@flippers.com>
with the following command in the body of your email message:
(un)subscribe techtoolslist
or from another email account, besides xxx@yyy.com:
(un)subscribe techtoolslist xxx@yyy.com