RE: 68000 Pod Query

From: James Bright <james_at_quarterarcade.com>
Date: Sat Jun 05 2004 - 16:50:32 EDT

Hmm... I would probably be at the point where I'd carefully snip just
the pin (for whatever data line) until I found the culprit. How many
374s are you talking about? 4 or 5? That's not too bad and not too much
of a hack if you're careful and have good snips.

I've never found the bus check on the Fluke to be helpful... ever :-)

I take it when you read a given address, you always have this bit set to
1. (I always like to confirm with the Fluke probe sync'ed to data ...
makes it very easy to catch a problem when the bit is stuck on the
output of a buffer chip, but that doesn't seem to be your problem.)
Before snipping, I'd just double-double check. I hate cutting things
without knowing for sure that I'm on the right track. But if you're
always seeing this bit set at 1, then you're probably right... I've
never found a great technique for isolating these types of problems.
When you throw your scope on that node, is it always 1 as well?

JB

--James Bright
www.QuarterArcade.com
Restored Arcade Games for your Home