RE: 68000 Pod Query

From: Phillip Eaton <inbox_at_phillipeaton.com>
Date: Sat Jun 05 2004 - 17:38:46 EDT

Thanks for the ideas guys!

I chopped the resistor pack out and that didn't make any difference.

I checked the resistance on the line manually, with power off, to +5 and 0V
and it was a little different but nothing obviously wrong.

So I bit the bullet and chopped out the soldered in RAM that was being used
to do the test with and magically the problem went away!

It must have been a problem with the WRITING of the data to the RAM (or the
input holding the bus line high??).

Now I have to fix all the bits that I broke and then see if it works in the
pinball table...

One more question... the processor is a 68k with an 8MHz crystal. The can I
replace the 6264-90 RAM with a 6264-12 one? (I'm presuming the 12 is short
for 120.)

Thanks,
Phillip Eaton

If you ever want to (un)subscribe yourself with TTL, you can send mail to:
<Majordomo@flippers.com>
with the following command in the body of your email message:
(un)subscribe techtoolslist
or from another email account, besides xxx@yyy.com:
(un)subscribe techtoolslist xxx@yyy.com