Re: Pod pins

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 12:19:39 EDT

Digi-Key will make shielded/regular 40 pin ribbon cables of any
length you want. Otherwise I've seen cables with jumpers soldered to
the wires to bypass broken pins to a new sacrifice socket.

John :-#)#

At 3:18 PM +0100 8/14/04, Phil Morris wrote:
>What's the recommended/best way to replace broken pins on the main
>CPU plug on a pod?
>
>Pin 40 on my 6502 pod has just broken off (still seems to work fine
>though and passes the Bus Test).
>
>I have in fact been using a 'sacrificial socket' to try and avoid
>this, but this just came off and bent the pin so badly that it broke
>off. It's broken off too close to the plastic to realistically
>attach another pin.
>

>Ta,
>Phil

If you ever want to (un)subscribe yourself with TTL, you can send mail to:
<Majordomo@flippers.com>
with the following command in the body of your email message:
(un)subscribe techtoolslist
or from another email account, besides xxx@yyy.com:
(un)subscribe techtoolslist xxx@yyy.com