DIP IC Remover

From: Mike Coates <mike_at_the-coates.com>
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 15:21:20 EST

<x-flowed>I just got (from ebay) a rather interesting looking DIP IC remover.

It has a pistol grip with an attachment that you put over the IC to
remove, then press the button, wait a few secs, and then press harder
and the IC is removed.

it was NOS and is now powered up (probably for the first time in it's life!)

but, looking at the manual it came with, they used to sell other head
units for 18 and 24 pin IC's

it's made by the solder removal co. of california, and is called a remov-ic

anyone heard of them, or got some head attachments sitting around
looking for a new home.

meanwhile, I'm off to get a gash board to have a practice with it!