computing a checksum?

From: joemagiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 12:32:35 EDT

Another one of my endless ideas (that I never seem to get around to actually
doing). I believe I have access to a full PINMAME ROMset. I'd like to
create a checksum file to incorporate into ROMIDENT. Except I don't know
how to do that. Is there any easy and straightforward way to create a
checksum from a ROM binary file? The only way I know is reading a ROM on my
EPROM reader/burner and then having the burner compute it. (Sorry to show
my ignorance on all this!). Any guidance/help much appreciated. Thanks,

Joe