Re: Jump start on USB to Fluke pod adapter

From: Adam Courchesne <ajcrm125_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 08:53:57 EDT

Yeah once the emulator's done I should be able to documment all
commands types that the 9010A sends to the pods.. then with the USB
adapter you could make any software you want to talk to the pods and
go hogwild with features.

One such app I had envisioned was one that would alow you to run
custom code on a given system. Say you wanted to create your own
multipac for example.. you could write it in Z80 ASM or even C for
that matter, and this app would point to 3rd party compilers and
assemblers specific to a given CPU and store the resulting machine
code in memory. Then, instead of running the machine code from
on-board ROM, it would run yours but it would execute it on the board
itself.

An ICE (In circuit Emulator) of sorts, which would allow you to
perform on-the fly real-time firmware development.
-Adam