RE: Logic Analyser adevice needed

From: Matthew Rossiter <matt_at_verio.net>
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 14:14:17 EDT

No, not game roms. If you're trying to do some kind of code debug, it helps
to have the mnemonics rom pack for the processor the game uses. So, if you
want to look at what code is being executed on an Asteroids board, you'd
need a 6502 mnemonics rom pack. It's basically a plastic cartridge similar
to an Atari 800. Unfortunately they're pretty hard to come by. I found a
68000 rom pack on ebay and I believe I can pull the roms out and put burn
some 6502 menmonics roms if I need to. I haven't used my logic analyzer
yet, mainly because it's used more useful in troubleshooting code than
troubleshotting hardware. I just prefer to use my o-scope and signature
analyzer.

Maybe someone with more knowledge and experience here can add something
about logic analyzers.

Matt