RE: Fluke 9010A and Space Invaders

From: Phil Morris <phil_at_morris0.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 06:57:15 EDT

<x-flowed>
> >Hmm, I wonder if the SI boardset left out a ground that they thought
> >wasn't needed by the CPU, but the Fluke is expecting...how many
> >grounds does the 8080 want? Too lazy to look it up.
>
>Nah, that's not it. I think his power supply is
>just sagging a little too much.
>
>Alex

Okay, thanks for all the suggestions, now for an update ...........

As Alex said above, my power supply was indeed sagging somewhat as I just
upped the voltage and the Bus Test then passed okay. However ....... I
still can't run the board with the Fluke attached using Run UUT - all I get
is a screenful of garbage, irrespective of the voltage used. Even RAM tests
fail via the Fluke. Plug back in the 8080 CPU and all is well.

So, we're partway there but there's still something not right.

Any more ideas please?

Thanks,
Phil