Re: Fluke 9100a X2444 question

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 17:11:33 EDT

<x-flowed>Someone did try to find the serial number in the serialized software
but, AIR, it popped up (encrypted?) all over the place and thus
defeated the effort to change the software.

I guess one could put in an 8-pin socket for the Serial RAM and keep
a couple on hand with the serial numbers needed.

Many Eprom Programmers will handle the X2444 with either a simple
wire-wrap socket where the legs are bent to other test socket pins
(Andromeda Research) or directly (Xeltec).

John :-#)#