Replacing a Fluke 9100a disk drive

From: Chris Hardy <chris_at_hardys.plus.com>
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 05:55:44 EDT

I finally need to replace the faulty disk drive in my 9100a as I need to
install the newer software.

The drive thats currently in there is a double density Cannon MD350.

The service manual has the jumper settings for drive 0 and drive 1, and
strangely you have change two jumpers instead of just the ID. (but there is
no documentation of what these actual jumpers are for, either on the net or
in the manual)

I've tried using a std pc 1.44meg floppy drive, changing the drive ID to be
ID0 like the original drive, and also tried 2 std amiga double density
drives but neither want to work.

The original drive is definately faulty as the fluke can't format a disk,
and won't read the original software regardless of if it's a high or double
density disk.

I suspect I need to change some of the jumpers on a std drive to handle the
different drive selects and the way the motors are enabled but have failed
to find any info on the net about this.

Any help would be appreciated

Chris