RE: Fluke 9010A and old Atari Night Driver board

From: Alex Yeckley <ayeckley_at_sierralobo.com>
Date: Sat May 28 2005 - 11:54:04 EDT

>I'm trying to get a Fluke 9010A with 6502 pod to work with an old Atari
>'Night Driver' board (circa 1976, black & white). Trouble is that I'm
>getting the good old 'UUT Power Fail' on the Fluke.
>
>The Fluke and pod are fine with other (later) boards so I'm guessing that,
>once again, it's a clocking related problem.

If it's a clocking problem, you be getting Pod timeout errors
rather than power fail errors, wouldn't you? It's most
likely that your LM309 is sagging just a little. If you
disable power error trapping, you'll probably be fine. It's
not a problem endemic to Night Driver boards, as we've
done quite a few and never had the issue you are describing.

>Have also tried varying the voltage but to no avail.

How could you do that without bypassing the LM309?

Alex

----
ayeckley@elektronforge.com
www.elektronforge.com