Re: Fluke 9100a -- info on replacement -- scsi with compact flash

From: Corey Stup <Corey_at_Stup.net>
Date: Sun Jan 08 2006 - 02:23:23 EST

AL SACCO_comcast wrote:

> have fluke 9100a with bad scsi drive.....
> would like to replace with compact flash....
> any info would be appreciated.....
> AL

There are SCSI interface based flash drives that I've successfully
installed into 9100's. I have used several sizes, including 256MB,
512MB and 1024MB (although anything higher than approx 360MB suffers
from the disk being too large for some of the 9100 utilities same as the
platter based SCSI drives.)

My most recent experiments have been with SCSI "adaptors" that allow the
use of PCMCIA flash cards. Some success so far, but I've not had time
to fully test them as of yet.

The cheapest and easiest replacement however, is to get a tested working
SCSI harddrive - lots of the ones from old Macs are available on eBay
and are cheap.