RE: PAT9000 ramblings

From: James Marous <jmarous_at_woh.rr.com>
Date: Wed May 03 2006 - 08:08:32 EDT

Jeff,

            I've had good luck getting the connector plugs off of ebay for a
fairly reasonable price. They usually end up in the
connectors/plugs/sockets section. I went ahead and bought the crimper and
removals tools new and have had good luck building new harnesses. I was
also lucky enough to buy a large lot of Pat plugs that included about 6
Arabian harnesses and several more Kangaroo harnesses. Needless to say I
converted them for use with other games :-) You can buy the bare plugs new,
but they end up over $100 each.

I'm not sure if Atari ever made Lunar Lander or I, Robot plugs as I've never
been able to find any. I did make up one of each. LL is pretty
straightforward; I have notes on the harness if you need it. I, Robot is a
problem, the Pat can't supply enough current to run the boards and you will
continually trip the power protection circuits. I ended up using an
external switcher to power the board.

James

--

  _____